5 Family Fun things to do on a rainy day.
The summer goal for the majority of families is usually to enjoy the summer weather, and to be outside as much as possible. This means most of the things on our to-do lists involve being outside in the hot sunny weather. So what happens if the weather isn’t so nice? It’s got to rain sometime right? Here is our list of fun summer activities that you can enjoy rain or shine!
1. The U.S.S. Nautilus Tour – See how sailors lived on the first nuclear submarine commissioned by the United States Navy. The Tour is a self guided audio tour that takes you in and around the large submarine.
2. Crafts at The Dinosaur Place – Feeling artistic? You may surprise yourself with your very own piece of sand art or spin art.
3. The Bone Zone at The Dinosaur Place- Become a junior paleontologist as you work as a team to uncover a dinosaur skeleton.
4. Essex Steam Train – Take a tour of the unspoiled Connecticut River Valley as a steam powered locomotive pulls you through the countryside. A natural highlight of the tour is the undeveloped Selden Neck State Park, accessible only by boat.
5. Jackpot Mine at The Dinosaur Place – Get hands on in either our candle-lit mine or the dark mine looking for over 50 kinds of gems and crystals hidden among the gravel. The best part is whatever you find, you keep!
Posted on July 19, 2011, in Connecticut, Family Fun, Family Fun Mystic, New England Attractions, Uncategorized and tagged Essex Steam Train, Family Fun, Family Fun Mystic, Kids, New England Attractions, Rainy Day, The Dinosaur Place, The Submarine Force Library & Museum. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.